Monday, March 28, 2011

Specific things I miss about being in a relationship

I was going to assign a number of things but decided not to limit myself.  This is another one of those "putting my thoughts into words on the blog" posts.  It's mostly for me and it's not done to solicit pity or comments of "advice".

here goes....

1 - regular sex.  let's get the obvious out of the way.

2 - enjoying a woman's body.  by this i don't mean sex.  if you can believe that.  what i mean is, waking up in the middle of the night and spending an hour or two watching her sleep as you gently run your fingers thru her hair.  i mean laying on the couch rubbing her tummy.  i mean the taste of her lips and the smell of her hair.  Watching water cascade all over her in the shower.  I'm talking about having a good time taking in the beauty of the Louvre instead of riding the rides at Six Flags.

3 - gal on my arm pride.  "nice girlfriend jimmy, she's cute."  like it or not, we're judged by the company we keep and like it or not we also love/hate the approval of others.  some people need the approval of a lot and some just a few.  i think we can all agree that no matter who's approval we NEED, it's always nice to get it from anyone.  i'm a guy and i'm not immune from the need to feed my ego.

4 - feeling "needed".  call it, fulfilling that primal urge to be the man.  to be the protector or provider.  being the one who says "i got this babe". 

5 - flirting safely.  this probably falls more under "things i hate about dating".  i like flirting.  i love tossing out sexual inneundo.  i hate having to wonder if i pushed my luck or went over the line.  it's just annoying.  i like being able to toss out lines knowing it isn't going to cost me the chance to get in the girl's pants.  i like it being what it's meant to be.... fun.

anyways, i might come back and update this. 

No comments: