It was ok. i wasn't floored or anything, but it wasn't too bad. A few points to make.
- the one time you DIDN'T want gordon or johnson to wreck and they do. this really cemented the fact that Jr is the single most dangerous driver in the post-Earnhardt Sr. era at a Superspeedway. i don't mean dangerous in a Kyle Busch, Robby Gordon, Montoya way. You know the "wreck everyone around you then act indignant when people get pissed at you." i mean dangerous as in everyone knows he's the man to beat and that if and everyone around you aren't working as a single unit to beat him, he's going to whip your ass. Even with the Toyotas having the cars to beat can you really say that if Jr had had ANY help he wouldn't have smoked them? Betting at restrictor plate races is like betting on golf. in golf you bet Tiger vs the field. Plate racing it's Jr vs the field. Field won this one, because the field acted AS a field against him. Hey it worked, my hat is off to them for admitting they had to if one them wanted to win.
- I'm still not blown away by the COT. i'll admit it has put more racing back into the driver's hands, but it still looks like shit.
- Coverage still sucks. Who the hell ARE some of these pit reporters? Have i been gone from the sport THAT long?
- I'm still getting used to the number/sponsor changes. We've gone from smoking and drinking (Winston/Busch) to cell phones and insurance (Sprint/Nationwide). Good god, just writing that made me feel less manly.
- Gopher cam? shoot me please.
so i guess the verdict is still WAY out for the new season. come see me after 3 or 4 more races.